Chargement ...

Guerra sure PWRC title shot is on

Benito Guerra is sure he can fight for this year’s PWRC title

Chargement ...

After taking his first ever FIA Production Car World Rally Championship victory on last week’s Rally Guanajuato Mexico, Benito Guerra is determined to remain in the title race despite a lack of experience of some of the rounds of the 2012 series.

The Mexican Mitsubishi driver dominated his home round of the championship in Leon and sits second in the championships standings. Michal Kosciuszko leads the PWRC, having completed two rounds in his Lancer Evo X. He was third on Rally Guanajuato Mexico.

Guerra said: “My next event is Argentina and I competed there before. I have also competed in Spain, but the new ones for me will be Italy, Germany and Greece - where I hope for a good result. I have good feeling for Germany, I have experience for the asphalt after competing in the Spanish Rally Championship before.”

Guerra, 26, won the Production Class of the Spanish series, a result which further boosted his confidence for the PWRC. Talking about his 2012 title tilt, he said: “I am confident I can fight for the win, I know I can. Winning my first PWRC title at home has given me so much confidence for the year ahead. I know people think it was easy because these are my home stages - but the roads were new to me on Friday as well.”

Chargement ...



Motorsport news


>Best Places to Visit in the East Bay

>How Motorsport Betting Fans Can Stay Safe with GamStop

>How GamStop Empowers Fans for Safe Betting on Motorsports

>Canada’s Motorsport Heritage: Paving the Way for a Bright Future

>Revving Up Education: The Intersection of College and Racing Culture

More Motorsportnews